Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hellogoodbye Eccentrick!

I didn't take any art courses last year, so I never really knew what all the hustle and bustle was about whenever the art show came around.
This year's art show was an amazing experience for me. From working really hard in class just to get my artwork done IN TIME for the art show, to watching the grade 10 videos in the little dark room at the side of the Comm. area. Not to mention performing every day that week! - exculding the Monday evening opening gala. It was a really enjoyable experience, and majority of the artwork was really amazing - it was kiiiind of intimidating.

My favourite part of my Eccentrick experience, unusually, was my performances. I was sick at the time, but I performed anyway with my friend Angel - or, as some teachers would call her, Evangelique. I'm used to performing in front of audiences full of people that I know, and I usually get nervous in front of people that I don't know.. But I wasn't nervous at alllll during the art show, and it was pretty cool. :) The fact that I was getting hours for quest units for it was pretty cool, too x)

Speaking of favourites, my favourite sections of the art show were Danielle Roche's February 14 area, and the movie theatre. :) I've seen Danielle's work online before, and to see it in person was actually amazing to me. Then the movie theatre ... Developer. Stop. Death.? Amaaazing movie. I could honestly watch it over and over again, and I wouldn't get tired of it ... Anytime soon, at least. Haha! It was actually a pretty good movie. I didn't, unfortunately, get to see any of the other movies but One Day.

It might sound weird, but I actually kind of miss the art show. Not just 'cause it was at the beginning of May and there was no rush of units, but because I loved seeing all of the work in the art show. It really opened my eyes to how talented people are. :)

No comments: